lentil veggie burger Recipe
- 1 1/2 cooked lentils, mashed
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- small zucchini, grated
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup quick oats, gluten free
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Place the mashed lentils in a bowl and add all the other ingredients.
Use your hands to mix very well.
Form into 6 – 8 patties.
Cook on the BBQ around 400F for approximately 10 minutes each side.
You can also fry these in a pan with oil for 3-5 minutes each side.
While on the grill, prepare the bread of your taste, tomatoes, lettuces and if you would like cheese.
Put all together and enjoy 🙂